Data Protection Declaration
1. Information about the collection of personal data and contact details of the controller
1.1 Welcome to our website. Thank you for your interest in our company and in our products and services. In the following we would like to inform you about how your personal data is treated when using our website. Personal data is any data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller in charge for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Kaimann GmbH, Hansastr. 2 - 5, 33161 Hövelhof, Germany, Tel.: +49 (0) 52 57 - 98 50 - 0, Fax: +49 (0) 52 57 - 98 50 - 590, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The controller in charge of processing personal data is the natural person or legal entity who alone or together with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
2. Data collection when you visit our website
When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the moment of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you accessed the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymised form)
Data processing is carried out pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently should there be are any concrete indication of illegal use.
Should personal data also be processed by individual cookies set by us, processing is carried out pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
We may work together with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third-party cookies). If we work with the aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the respective information collected within the following sections.
You can set up your browser in such a way that you are informed when cookies are set and can decide whether to accept them in each individual case, or you can refuse to accept cookies in certain circumstances or you can refuse all cookies. Each browser differs in the way that it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
If you refuse to accept cookies, this may restrict the functionality of our website.
When contacting us (for example via contact form or e-mail) personal data is collected. It is evident from the respective input form which data is collected. This data is stored and processed for the purpose of responding to your enquiry or contacting you and for any associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry if you so wish, provided that such deletion does not violate any statutory storage obligations.
5. Use of your data for direct advertising
5.1 E-mail newsletter
Furthermore, beside for purpose of executing the contract, we will use your personal data such as name and e-mail address to inform you about similar goods/services of Kaimann. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a corresponding message to email@example.com. After your cancellation, your e-mail address will immediately be deleted from our newsletter distribution list unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use data in excess thereof, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
5.2 Advertising by way of letter post
On the basis of our legitimate interest in personalised direct mail we reserve the right to store your first and last name, your postal address and – insofar as we have received this additional information from you within the framework of the contractual relationship – your title, academic degree and your professional, industry or business name pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR and to use them for sending interesting offers and information on our products by letter post. You can object to the storage and use of your data for this purpose at any time by sending an appropriate message to the controller.
6. Use of YouTube videos
This website uses Youtube embedding functions for the display and playback of videos offered by "Youtube", which belongs to Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google“). To this end, the extended data protection mode is used to ensure, according to provider information, that user information is only stored when the playback function of the video is started. When the playback function of embedded Youtube videos is started, the provider sets "Youtube" cookies in order to collect information about user behaviour. According to indications from "Youtube", the use of these cookies is intended to record video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to prevent improper actions. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account when you click on a video. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. Such an evaluation takes place in particular according to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of the legitimate interests of Google in the insertion of personalised advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Regardless of whether the embedded video is played, a connection to the Google network "DoubleClick" is established when visiting this website. This may trigger further data processing beyond our control. Google LLC, domiciled in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield” which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
Further information on "YouTube" data protection can be found in the provider's privacy statement at:
7. Web analysis services
This website uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension "_anonymizeIp()", which ensures an anonymisation of the IP address by shortening it and excludes a direct personal relationship. As a result of the extension, your IP address will previously be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases. In these exceptional cases, processing is carried pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes.
As an alternative to the browser plugin, or in browsers on mobile devices, please click on the following link to set an opt-out cookie, which will prevent Google Analytics from generating data on this website in the future (this opt-out cookie will only function in this browser and only for this domain, and if you delete your cookies in this browser, you will need to click the link again):
Deactivate Google Analytics
Google LLC, domiciled in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield” which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
8. Google Maps
On our website we use Google Maps (API) of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Maps is a web service for the visual display of interactive (geographical) maps and geographical information.
Already when calling up any sub-pages containing maps of Google Maps information about your use of our website (such as your IP address) is transmitted to Google servers in the US where it is stored. This is regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in with or whether no user account exists. if you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. Such an evaluation takes place in particular according to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of the legitimate interests of Google in the insertion of personalised advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right. Google LLC, domiciled in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
9. Rights of the data subject
9.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we inform you below:
- Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: In particular, you have a right to information about your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or, as the case may be, the planned storage period, the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, a complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data, if these were not collected from you by us, the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, the existence of a data protection declaration, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing, as well as your right to be informed of the guarantees provided for in Art. 46 GDPR for the transfer of your data to third countries;li>
- Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR: You have a right to immediate rectification of incorrect data concerning you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us;
- Right of deletion pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if the requirements of Art. 17 (1) GDPR are met. However, this right shall not apply in particular if the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Right to limitation of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data is verified, if you refuse the deletion of your data due to inadmissible data processing and instead request the restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims after we no longer need this data after the purpose has been achieved or if you have lodged an objection for reasons of your particular situation, as long as it is not yet clear whether our legitimate reasons predominate;
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR: If you have exercised your right to have the controller correct, delete or limit the processing, he/she is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you has been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed of these recipients.
- Right to data transferability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consent granted pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to revoke consent to the processing of data once granted at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will delete the data concerned without delay, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation;
- Right of appeal under Art. 77 GDPR: If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you reside, work or suspect infringement, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
9.2 Right to object
If, within the framework of a consideration of interests, we process your personal data on the basis of our predominant legitimate interest, you have the right at any time to object to this processing with effect for the future on the grounds that arise from your particular situation. If you exercise your right to object, we will stop processing the data concerned. However, we reserve the right to further processing if we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for processing which outweigh their interests, fundamental rights and freedoms, or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising. You may exercise the objection as described above. If you exercise your right to object, we will stop processing the data concerned for direct advertising purposes.
10. Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided that this is no longer required for the performance or initiation of the contract and/or there is no longer any legitimate interest on our part in the further storage.